A bit about my Style:
My photography is often candid; a colour, a shape or composition that catches my eye and imagination. I am drawn to the contrast between light and dark. I prefer to ‘keep it simple’, often using basic or available lighting, with minimal or no retouching. Occasionally I dabble with photo manipulation.
Much of my Artwork is ‘pen and ink’, illumination, pencil work. It is inspired by fantasy, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
More examples of my Inkwork
Purchase my Artwork and T-shirt designs on Redbubble
Buy within Australia – direct from artist and other places to purchase my Artwork
- Cover, chapter and incidental illustrations: I33 Fencing in the Style of the Walpurgis Manuscript by Andrew Kenner. (2014)
- Cover May 48: Revamped e-Cockatrice May 48 (Society for Creative Anachronism Arts and Sciences Magazine – Australia): (2013) (also available as tshirt on redbubble)
- Advertisement artwork for SCA Innilgard (Bal d’argent) (2013)
- Australian Realms (Australian Role Playing Magazine) #13, #15, #18 and incidental (1990s
- Cold Angel Comic (freelance comic) #2 (1996)
- Cockatrice (Society for Creative Anachronism Arts and Sciences Magazine – Australia) (1990s – current)
“Karen is an extraordinary talent. Without her the cover and inside would be bleak indeed. She managed to convey with great accuracy the feel and look of the original manuscript drawings and allowed me to avoid any copyright concerns. She is an amazing artistic talent and illuminator. Her scrolls are uniformly beautiful and amazing, She also has a great brain. When discussing the illustrations with her I pointed out one which I had not been able to successfully interpret after months of examination. She gave me the answer within 30 secs of glancing at it! What a talent!”
– Andrew Kenner, author of I33: Fencing in the style of Wurpurgis Manual
- Art: Jedi Council Forum EU Challenge 2013: 2nd place
- Constantinople 1994: 2nd for pencil/colour and 2nd Pen/ink.
- Constantinople, Melbourne.1994. Nomination for Best Amateur Audiovisual Production: Starwalking Video by Karen Odgen: (under previous name)
- Confictionary 1991: 1st Graphics,
- Huttcon 1990: 1st,
- Inclusion in the seventh edition of Schmap Adelaide Guide, April 2009
- State Library of South Australia (6 photos) (2011)
- Coztume (Australian Costumers’ Guild magazine). (2000s – current)
- Photoshoot: Parish Hill Wines: and facebook page. (2012-13)
- Photoshoot: Bullina China Shop: opening Day (2013)
- Photoshoot: Costumed ‘Stargate’ group at Oz Comic Con (2013)
Subject: Art Purchase
or alternatively, write to me at :
PO Box 1137
Golden Grove SA 5125
Payments via paypal.