Writer of steampunk, Victorian mysteries and fantasy.
Illustrator. Gardener. Chocoholic and tea lover.
Hi and welcome to Karen’s pages:
… sharing my passion for art, photography and the written word, inspired by the beauty found in everyday things and celebrating the creativity of the mind.
Karen dabbles in speculative fiction, concentrating on fantasy or steampunk – often with a touch of gaslamp or Victorian mystery. She is often found plotting fantastical, piratical or airship adventures.
You can now follow Karen, or leave reviews, on Goodreads.
Places to find Karen:
- Website: www.karenjcarlisle.com
- Visit Karen at her at Goodreads, Pinterest, Tumblr and Flickr.
- Connect with Karen via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Video and book trailers are on youTube.
Places to Find Karen’s Art:
- Redbubble (t-shirts and art)
- Spoonflower – Off the Artboard (material printed to order)
- Zazzle – Katdb42 (order your mugs here)
Email list: Tea & Tidings newsletter:
Sign up for her monthly newsletter – with news, updates as well as exclusive or extra content that is only available via my email list. Delivered directly to you by trained flying monkeys (around the 20th of the month).
Information for Events:
Things to note for events:
- Karen is lactose intolerant (actually it is the protein found in cow milk. She can tolerate goat/sheep dairy products). She is allergic to prawns and chilli.
- She tries to avoid excessive flashing lights, as this is one of the triggers for her migraines. Caffeine is good: tea or dark chocolate is ideal.
- Karen has a partial hearing loss. This is exaggerated in situations with a lot of background noise and chatter. Please don’t assume she is ignoring you. She probably didn’t hear you.
Karen is a paid member of:
- The Australian Writer’s Marketplace
- SA Writers
- UK Costume Society
- Australian Costumers’ Guild
- Society for Creative Anachronism (aka THL Katerina da Brescia)
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand” – Albert Einstein