Writer. Illustrator. Gardener. Chocoholic and tea lover
Short Bio: (87 words)
Karen J Carlisle is an artist and writer of steampunk, Victorian mysteries and fantasy. She was short-listed in Australian Literature Review’s 2013 Murder/Mystery Short Story Competition. Her first novella, Doctor Jack & Other Tales, was published in 2015. She’s had short stories featured in the 2016 Adelaide Fringe exhibition, ‘A Trail of Tales’, and the 2018 anthology, ‘Where’s Holmes?’.
Karen lives in Adelaide with her family and the ghost of her ancient Devon Rex cat.
She’s always loved dark chocolate and rarely refuses a cup of tea.
Long Bio (200 word):
Karen J Carlisle is an imagineer and writer of speculative fiction – steampunk, Victorian mystery and fantasy.
She graduated in 1986, from Queensland Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Optometry and lives in Adelaide with her family and the ghost of her ancient Devon Rex cat.
Places to find Karen’s Writing:
- Pinterest– where you can find visual hints and inspirations, research for my stories, costuming and photography.
- twitter (Karen J Carlisle) @kjcarlisle
- Facebook: Karen J Carlisle (was Karen Carlisle Creations/Off the Artboard/Katdb)
- Google +
- Tumblr (Karen J Carlisle/Off the Artboard)
- WordPress: (mirror site): (Karen J Carlisle)
- Blogger: (mirror site): (Karen J Carlisle/Off the Artboard)
- Livejournal: (Karen J Carlisle/The Purple Files – was my original costume blog site)
- Flickr: (Karen J Carlisle)