Steampunk Hands Around the World #2
For the past few years our local steampunk community has been involved in the Time Travellers Picnic. This event is traditionally held on the 8th of December. We usually schedule the event on the closest weekend (if it’s during the week) – but as we are time travellers, any day can be the 8th. And you can join in- anywhere in the world.
Come back with me in time… to 8th December,
and finally, 2014:
How to Picnic in steampunk Time Traveler style:
What you will need:
- A spiffy outfit. All time travelers need protection from the elements. Steampunk is the perfect combination of whimsical and practical.
- A sense of fun. Take time from the everyday. Slow down. Enjoy the company. Who knows what, or who, you will meet?
- Good food (especially chocolate cakes!)
- And tea. What better way to enjoy your tea but with…
- tea cups!
- A picnic rug to keep your outfit pristine.
- Protection from the sun and errant time winds. A top hat or parasol is recommended.
- A map. Ensure your cartographer has marked the map accurately, accounting for local time shifts.
- and, most importantly, good company.
“If time travel is possible, where are the tourists from the future?”
– Stephen Hawking,
We’re having a picnic! Come join us.
Videos/Photography ©Karen Carlisle