It has been a challenging month – in so many ways. There have been some struggles with editing, the massive computer changeover debacle and now the second blog challenge for the month. I thought this one would be a pleasant procrastination; it proved to be more difficult than first thought.
Here is your chance to learn a little more about me, thanks to fellow steampunk author, CW Hawes: List 10 loves and 10 hates, then tag 10 others.
Things I hate (again, in no particular order)
- peas and pumpkin
- not having my cat to cuddle, I miss its soothing pur
- having my life turned upside down by work-induced anxiety and stress and being left to deal with (and pay for) the consequences.
- people who force their opinions on others and/or are intolerant of people and things that are different
- dust – the allergies, and resulting sinus and lung infections
- technology failures and having to set up a new computer
- wasting hours researching on the net and getting nowhere
- mosquitoes – again, allergic. ugh
- conflict (people yelling at each other)
- movies with no story line – too many action movies now replace any attempt at a story line with big bangs, mindless action and overdone special effects or rely solely on a ‘big name’ to recoup their expenditure. Save some money for a decent script/story writer, please!
Things I love: (in no particular order)
- chocolate (and tea)
- steampunk aesthetic, costumes and stuff
- Doctor Who (new and classic)
- winter smells: the smell of freshly cut grass, the smell of rain on freshly dug earth and the smell of wood fires in winter
- octopuses (and dragons)
- creating things – writing, photography, art
- my family and friends
- thunder storms and lightning and the clear, crispness they leave in their wake.
I decided to put the things I hate first so the blog would not end on a downer. Oh, one more thing I hate is tagging people for these challenges. Instead, I will leave it up to you. Do you want to tell us all a bit more about yourself? Please leave a comment below if you take up the challenge. It is not as easy as you think.